Thursday, April 17, 2008

Glow In The Dark Tour


The Glow In The Dark tour was amazing. Seattle was the first stop on the tour, and I was able to rock with everybody.

Lupe Fiasco opened the show. If you’ve ever seen him live, you know he’s high energy. He was able to get the crowd hyped. Lupe did Hip Hop You Saved Me that was a crowd pleaser. Matthew Santos and his mohawk joined Lupe to perform Fighters and Superstar. I like Lupe. I wanted to hear more of some of his mixtape music.

N.E.R.D’s performance was crazy. They came out to a new song that was amazing. Its official, the ladies still love Skateboard P. They did some original N.E.R.D songs from their first album In Search Of. One of my favorite sets of the night was when they performed Rock Star. I don’t know if it was the live band or the fact that everybody new the words to the song. I think that’s the point where I started to lose my voice. I’m looking forward do their new album. Pharrell came out after their performance and addressed the crowd. He apologized for losing his voice due to the smoke machine. He said he heard there was a five year old in the crowd and wanted to apologize for using profanity around the kids. I thought that was a good gesture Skateboard P loves the kids!

Even though I don’t own a single Rhianna record, and she’s not on my iPod, her show was good. She had all these crazy colors, dancers, lighting. The crowd seemed really into it. It was an easy transition for the ladies who went from screaming for P to screaming for Rhianna. I feel like I heard Umbrella a zillion times due to radio and TV. Ri-Ri ripped it live. I think we all secretly sing the song when we are alone so it was cool to sing it out loud and guilt free as a 29 year old man.

Kanye stole the show (of course). He was on stage for close to two hours. I couldn’t believe it. He had a whole spaceship theme. I won’t ruin it for any of your readers but he has a lot of visual effects. I was reminded why he was one of my favorite performers. He was insane! He performed for what seemed like forever. How he had all that energy, I don’t know. He really put his all into the show. It was so visually stunning that you didn’t want to take your eyes off the stage. Kanye had everything from smoke to flames, fog, dolls. There weren’t a whole lot of frills to his show. Just Kanye and a microphone. He spit with so much venom. My favorite performance of his was “Can’t Tell Me Nothing” that hit hard. His new version of Hey Mama was good too. The crowed was screaming! It looked like he got a little emotional at one point the crowd cheered even louder. You can say Ye is big headed or egotistical, but he knows how to put on a show. We need more performers like that.

If the show is coming to your town GO CHECK IT OUT. I promise it will be worth every penny. It was one of the best concerts I’ve ever been too. I would have felt dumb if I didn’t go. All the acts were high energy. I didn’t sit down for 4 hours. I’d go see the concert again if it came back to town. People are in for a treat and they don’t even know it.

No comments: